Assistance with Claims
The insurance claims process does not follow set patterns, as each insurance claim is unique. Therefore the following insurance claims information is suggested as a general set of guidelines only.
Claims info & process
- Under no circumstances should liability to third parties be admitted.
- Regardless of whether or not the claim has been reported or a loss assessor appointed, you must immediately do whatever is necessary to prevent further loss of life or property damage. For example, contact the appropriate emergency services, ensure evacuation of premises and ensure premises is fully secure. Again all claims are unique and there is not a set of rules for each incident that may occur, however it is the insured’s responsibility to minimise any further loss.
- Call the police or other emergency services as required – any loss by theft or wilful or malicious damage should immediately be reported to the nearest police station and details of the attending police noted. At an accident scene comply with police reporting requirements.
If a third party is involved, please obtain:
- The third party name, address and telephone number
- The drivers name, address and telephone number (if it differs from the above)
- The name of the owners insurance company
- The make, type and registration number of the vehicle (if applicable)
- The name and address of any witnesses
- Record date, time and location of the incident
Complete claim form documentation and forward with all associated claim documents as soon as possible after the occurrence whilst details of the incident are still fresh in your mind.
If you are unsure of the insurance claims process outlined, or wish to discuss any part of your individual claim either with the claims officer or your broker, please call the office and we will be more than happy to help you with any queries.
Contact our Claims Department
For more information, please contact our Claims Department: